Making a brandy (or tequila, or vodka…) watermelon is probably the easiest, most gratifying recipe you can make all summer long. I looked up lots of different recipes before making my watermelon, but here is what I found to be the easiest way to complete the job:
You will need: 1 seedless watermelon, a bottle of brandy, a knife, and patience
1. Start by cutting one triangle shaped hole into the top of the watermelon (and when I say top, I mean the side. Obviously, the melon will be resting on it’s side when you cut into it). Pull out and save the wedge- you will use it to recork the watermelon later.
2. Cut two more holes at the top of the watermelon, a few inches apart. Again, keep the wedges.
3. Next, pour as much brandy as you can into each hole.
4. Now, you will need to let the brandy seep into the melon, which may take some time. I refilled the melon with brandy about every half hour until I put it in the fridge for the night.
5. Recork the melon and let sit in the fridge overnight.
6. Cut as you would a normal melon, and enjoy! It’s absolutely delicious served chilled. If you want to take your melon to the next level, scoop out balls with a melon scooper and freeze for ice cubes- they are perfect for a summer mixed drink!